While the end of the pandemic is in sight, a new crisis is bound to rear its head in the future. If there’s one thing COVID has taught businesses, it’s that despite your preparedness, no company is impervious to the unpredictability of a sudden disaster, internal or external. Managing your business’s public relations and facing a crisis takes strategy and proactiveness. Since formulating strategies based on the unknown can seem a daunting task, Vision Advertising’s latest Business Bootcamp webinar focuses on facing crises with candid communication and preparedness.
What You’ll Discover About Crisis Management and PR
This installment in the Business Bootcamp series – featured on Facebook Live – was a resource to help businesses and entrepreneurs maintain their brand image and conduct transparent marketing during a crisis. In the video, you can expect an in-depth explanation of how to handle PR and reputational management, along with a categorical breakdown of crisis management. Our own Chief Operating Officer, Julia Becker Collins, will teach you about:
- Showing reliability and experience through public relations.
- Preparing the three stages of crisis management: pre-crisis, crisis response, and post-crisis.
- Taking a proactive approach to crisis management, rather than reactive.
- Employing transparency during a crisis to build trust amongst your audience.
- Managing your reviews – both positive and negative – to maintain your reputation.
- Dealing with critics from a point of understanding, both publicly and privately.
You’ll also receive helpful information on managing your social media accounts during a crisis and how to publicly address changes in your operations.
Business Bootcamp: Mastering Transparent Crisis Communication
Enjoy the video below or watch it on Facebook. We also have a growing catalog of informative webinars covering other topics on our Facebook page and several interviews with industry-leading experts in our Vision Success Series. If you have any questions or opinions, leave a comment – we’re always excited to hear from our audience!
Further Reading on Crisis Management, Reputation Management, and PR
To find more information about defining your roles as a leader and budgeting for your marketing during a crisis, check out our blogs. Here are a few posts you may find informative:
- Business Bootcamp: Lessons on Leadership Decision-Making
- Pivoting Plans in COVID-19 Webinar: Learning to Adapt
- Reputation Management: Who Reviews the Reviews?
- Shifting from Reputation Management to Reputation Marketing
- What to Do and Tell Your Customers During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Why Stopping Marketing Now Will Hurt You Later
Facing crises with candid communication and preparedness takes a fair investment of time and effort, but it’s a crucial step in maintaining your image, supporting your staff, and reassuring your customers during a crisis. If you find that organizing your crisis plan or running your marketing proves to be too difficult, Vision Advertising is here to help with our in-depth consultations, public relations support, and social media management. To find out all the ways we can help you, contact us today, and to determine when we’re hosting our next Business Bootcamp or online event, check out our Facebook Event page.