Crisis Management & PR Webinar: Preparing for the Unexpected
During the COVID-19 pandemic, a business can receive harsh criticism or praise depending on how they manage public relations. It’s vital to have a plan in place and open lines of communication when dealing with a crisis of any scale. Last week, we hosted our webinar, Crisis Management & PR, on Facebook Live to support businesses affected the stay-at-home advisory and to help them prepare them for life during and after COVID-19. If you missed the webinar, don’t fret; it’s available as a permanent video on our Facebook page. Not only can you watch the video, but you can also see all the comments made and the Q&A generated.
What the Webinar Will Teach You About Crisis Management
This Facebook Live event was intended to help businesses and entrepreneurs prepare for and maintain – or potentially increase – brand reputation during a crisis. In the video, you can expect an in-depth explanation of what PR entails and a categorical breakdown of crisis management. Our own Chief Operating Officer, Julia Becker Collins, will teach you about:
- The three parts of crisis management: pre-crisis, crisis response, and post-crisis.
- Crafting a plan in case of a crisis, such as assigning a single point person and planning for the worst.
- Learning from problems to be proactive instead of reactive.
- Effectively communicating with your team, partners, and the outside world.
- The importance of transparency in times of crisis and the damaging effects of ignoring the issue.
- Managing your reputation and how to respond to praise and criticism.
You’ll also receive helpful tips on managing and claiming your business listings online to take control of your image and directly address client feedback.
Vision Workshop: Crisis Management & PR
Enjoy the video below or watch it on Facebook. We have a wealth of marketing advice on our Facebook page, and if you have any questions, leave a comment – we love hearing from our audience!
Further Reading on Crisis Management & PR
To find more information about public relations and managing a business during a disruptive or unexpected event, check out our blogs. Here are a few blogs you may find informative, particularly regarding COVID-19:
- Reputation Management: Who Reviews the Reviews?
- Shifting from Reputation Management to Reputation Marketing
- Tools to Support Small Businesses During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What to Do and Tell Your Customers During the COVID-19 Crisis
- When Should You Issue Press Releases?
- Working from Home: Advice We’re Following and Giving Clients
We hope this webinar supports your business during these trying times and into the future. To find out when we’ll be hosting our next webinar, visit Vision Advertising’s Workshop Series page. While we love in-office and event workshops, we’re glad to interact with you online. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date on our announcements and COVID-19 resources or reach out to us to start a discussion.