7 Important Resolutions for 2011
Doing the same thing while expecting different results is the definition of insanity! Therefore, we should resolve to do some things a little differently.
Here are the things I suggest considering for your business:
- Step outside your comfort zone and explore new marketing possibilities that you may not have been willing to consider in 2010. Remember, the world is moving at a rapid pace, and it’s not too late to catch up and be “current.”
- Freshen up your web site and make a commitment to blog, even if it’s once a month. Yes, it’s a commitment, but a worthwhile one. Just do it. 😉
- Learn more about Facebook pages and do it right once and for all, either that or hire someone to do it for you (yes, like us!). Facebook is not going away any time soon, and doing it wrong CAN do harm to your brand.
- Get in the habit of thanking your customers more often and showing appreciation for their business. It’s nice to send a gift basket or a card at times OTHER than Christmas/Holiday season, and it’s much more of a surprise!
- Explore ways to improve your sales systems. Marketing cannot solve a sales problem and never could. If you know how to sell ice to an Eskimo, your marketing will be all that much more useful to you.
- Consider going to a training class to pick up that evasive skill you really need to grow your business right – it could be accounting, sales, management, human resources, or anything. Whatever it is, find a class and learn! You NEVER stop learning in life, so why stop in business?
- Show your appreciation for your support staff more often. Hire a massage therapist to visit for a half day and do chair massages, take the team bowling, treat everyone to cocktails after work. If work is fun, you’ll find yourself with a loyal team that will be more than happy to go that extra mile when you need it!
What can you add to this list? Can you take any of these and put them into action?
Happy New Year!!