Vision Advertising is an digital marketing agency, with a solid clientele and fantastic internal team. Clients value our commitment to results, and excellent service with genuine relationships. Our job is to drive demand and increase sales for our clients through the programs that we create and execute.
You’ll be a part of the team that’s responsible for the inbound marketing and community outreach of 50+ clients across New England, ranging in industry from restaurants and bars to manufacturing and insurance. A day at the office can include anything from lighthearted conversations about the latest meme, to a fast-paced and spirited strategy session for an exciting new direction in a client’s program, to a spur-of-the-moment photo shoot. Every day brings new opportunity and a new chance to delight and facilitate success.
In this role, you are the resident rock star that is responsible for a variety of managing client needs. If you love variety in project type, scope, duration and complexity, this is the ideal job for you. You will be the go-to person for developing new web sites from top to bottom, producing graphic design projects, supporting existing web sites and other client needs. You will be an integral part of the overall operations team, and the go-to person for many of our clients.
- Web Site Development
- WordPress site design and development
- App Integration(s)
- Plugin Management
- HTML, CSS & PHP Development
- Editing pre-built WP themes
- Custom WP theme development, as needed
- Procurement, installation, setup, management and support
- SSL certificates
- Database Backups
- Managed email
- Web site Maintenance
- Graphic updates
- Content updates
- Technology updates and troubleshooting
- Client Training
- Graphic Design
- Web, print and social media design.
Experience & Education
- 5 yrs, independent, marketing or agency experience required
- Degree not required, but helpful
- Strong portfolio required for submission that includes examples of graphic design and WordPress web site projects
The Ideal Candidate
As you will be a one-person department in this position, it is a firm requirement of the position that the ideal candidate is an independent self-starter that is creative and self-motivated. The ideal candidate will have a pragmatic approach to projects and will know how to find solutions to challenges, overcome them independently and let nothing obstruct the path forward. The candidate will have both a creative and analytical mind: the rare combination of both left- and right-brained, with the ability to execute stunning visual storytelling pieces as well as well-structured website experiences that are intuitive and are marketing-centric.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to work independently, but also work as a team. This role is both strongly internal as well as client-facing so the ability/desire to directly and successfully partner with clients is an important requirement of the role.
Ideal qualities sought in our next Web Developer / Designer are:
- coolness under pressure and calmness in almost all circumstances
- high attention to detail and organization
- emphasized priority on deadlines and time management
- very organized with regard to managing multiple projects and overlapping deadlines
- courteous client treatment with the ability to prioritize and retain boundaries when appropriate
- big-picture thinking with the ability to emphasize the needs of the agency above all else
- clear communication skills with ability/willingness to be transparent with management about project needs as well as self-care needs
- ownership and accountability-oriented in terms of project delivery and responsibility
- bold communication style that is fearless and assertive (read: not passive, not aggressive)
- social and friendly, easily integrates into our egalitarian culture and has a sense of humor
- self-aware and communicative; can give/receive constructive criticism in a positive way
- collaborative in approach and can lead when needed, recognizing needs for leadership
Compensation and Benefits
Vision Advertising seeks to find the ideal candidate for the role and will offer salary commensurate with experience. Benefits available after 90 days include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from home opportunities
- Health insurance stipend
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Lots of fun work-perks
and…. drumroll please….
- Unlimited Paid Time Off