Vision Advertising is on the hunt for a well-connected, versatile, and energetic public relations strategist. In your role with us, you’ll be helping our clients to build and create powerful, consistent branding in the public eye. You will develop strategic plans, putting our clients in front of the media, pursuing awards and recognition, and opening the door for public speaking opportunities. In addition to that, you will support general marketing activities with social media, event marketing, and search engine marketing efforts. This role is one that encompasses diversity in task, and no two days being the same.
The person ideally suited to this role will be outgoing, energetic, comfortable networking and building relationships, and will have that “stop at nothing” attitude to getting the job done – all with top-notch writing and communication skills. The abilities to problem-solve, improvise, get creative, and build pathways out of thin air are critical elements to success in this role. Desirable traits include a high level of confidence, ability to communicate succinctly and powerfully, and the ability to persuade others to your way of thinking. It’s critical to understand and fully embrace the big picture and the larger goals at hand, keeping an eye toward the primary objectives and success of the client.
Your role in this company will be an important one; one where your voice is heard and your input is highly valued and taken seriously. Your role may involve the occasional client event at night, or on the weekend, but largely will be a daytime position. That said, schedules and demands vary with the seasons and client needs.
- Strategic marketing & PR planning
- Business research & analysis
- Competitive research & analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Plan, editorial calendar creation
- Public relations activities
- Writing press releases
- Securing media appearances
- Booking speaking engagements
- Pitching ideas to clients; media
- Pursuing awards
- Marketing activities
- Social Media management
- Search Engine marketing
- Content development
- Community management
- Event management
- Social media
- Other related activities as needed
- Minimum 5 Years Marketing or PR Agency Experience Required – Experience is a firm requirement of this role, and candidates with less experience than required will not be considered.
- Pre-existing relationships with the media
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, marketing or related majors/experience
- Must have own reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to climb 3.5 flights of stairs without assistance
- Own functional smart phone
- Must be able to independently lift 40 lbs.
- Comfortable and capable of thriving in open office environment
- Strong and versatile writing abilities, including the ability to craft very long documents (marketing plans), shorter documents (blogs), and succinct punchy content (social media).
- High grammar accuracy
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills
- Powerful personality that can manage up and manage laterally
- Ability to lead meetings, direct clients, and create pathways
- Proficiency with PC desktops/laptops
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience, abilities, and total offering
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 5 paid sick days
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance stipend negotiable
- Eligible for bonus compensation and commissions on top of salary
When applying, supply your current resume, cover letter, and 5 employer references. Your cover letter should touch on many of the points included in this job posting. As part of your application, you will be asked to submit a marketing/PR plan sample (which may be scrubbed), 1 long form writing sample, 1 short form writing sample (comprised of 25 little samples) and 10 links to your media successes.