How would you like to make a big difference in your job, and be the hero of the office? Do you like being showered with constant praise for being the rock star responsible for bringing in all kinds of new opportunities for the company (and helping us to create jobs)? Sound good? Read on! Vision Advertising is looking for an Internal Marketing Specialist, our own internal marketing badass. We’re looking for the marketing rock star that’s a Jacqueline (or Jack!) -of-all-trades that loves variety and creating powerful results.
To excel in this role, you must intimately understand social media marketing, search engine marketing, and marketing, as well as publicity and networking. This is not an entry-level position and experience is a firm requirement of the role. You must understand business-to-business trust-based sales, and the criticality of relationships, reputation, and credibility to the sales process in the B2B environment. Similarly, you must understand the business-to-consumer reputation and word-of-mouth-based sales, and the criticality of reputation, visuals, and powerful storytelling in the B2C environment. A strong desire to win is a must – someone internally motivated that lives for the victories all along the road. You will be focusing your time on managing the marketing plan, continually updating and implementing the pivotal strategies contained within, staying on top of best practices.
You can look forward to a culture of empowerment, personal responsibility, freedom, and great respect. You’ll get to enjoy a flexible schedule with unlimited paid time off. You read that right – unlimited. We deeply value our team members and enthusiastically encourage self-care, so our expectations of full-throttle peak performance can be met consistently. At the end of the day, we embody the “work hard, play hard” ethos.
- Networking and relationship development in the community.
- Pursuing community recognition through awards and speaking opportunities.
- Marketing plan creation, strategy development, and restructuring of the plan as appropriate.
- Analysis and reporting on successes/failures in an objective and subjective manner.
- Social media account management to include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn; including but not limited to: content creation, graphic design, photography, video, budgeting, ad account management, and scheduling.
- Story creation and pitching to media locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Photography collection creation, curation, and implementation.
- Lead scoring and nurturing.
- Blogging and whitepaper development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- minimum of 2-4 years of hands-on experience – preferably in an agency environment with:
- Long-form writing to include blogging, emails, letters, and press releases.
- Short-form writing to include social media, emails, and texts.
- Strong communication skills to include verbal and written communications.
- Networking and relationship building skills to include relationship nurturing.
- Marketing plan development and researching abilities.
- Strong visual storytelling abilities to include photography and photography collection curation.
- Public speaking and speech writing.
- Very strong writing and editing skills. Grammar nerds welcome.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but also as a part of a team.
- Motivated problem solver.
- Great sense of humor.
- Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
- A unique personality that can see the 50K foot view strategy as well as the detailed, 50-foot view – with the ability to see and affect change in both.
- Ability and willingness to manage up and laterally.
- Expert at time management: able to manage multiple and varying priorities at the same time, including those that change daily, while meeting all deadlines and goals.
- BA or BS with focus on communication, advertising, and/or marketing – helpful, not required.
- Must have own reliable transportation and valid driver’s license, as some local travel is required.
- Own a smartphone.
- Required to be able to walk up and down a minimum of two (2) flights of stairs unassisted.
- Fluent in English.
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Microsoft Office 365
- Facebook Business Manager
- Project management and time tracking software
- CRM – helpful but not mandatory
- Full time, salaried position
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Health insurance stipend available after 90 days
- Flexible schedule
- Some work required on evenings and weekends varied dependent on schedule.
- Unlimited paid time off available after 90 days
Please apply on the Vision Advertising web site with your resume, writing samples, and cover letter. When it comes to your cover letter, here’s your chance to shine! Let it showcase your creativity, writing skills, and wit. We’d love to learn a little about how you manage your time and organize yourself. Bonus points for originality – show us why you’re THE person for the job! Links to view your current work and/or profiles encouraged.