One big hurdle for small businesses and entrepreneurs is graphic design. The pressure to create compelling visuals for your websites, social media, and pitches is immense, and the hurdles of technical skill and cost have deterred many. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Our own marketing and graphic design guru Catrina Gardner will teach you how anyone can get started in graphic design for their business without paying a cent for software or an art degree.
What You’ll Learn About Graphic Design for Marketing
Catrina will guide you through the basics of graphic design from the perspective of someone who evaluates and creates graphics for social media, websites, events, and more. Learn the fundamentals and simple tips and tricks to make professional graphics, including:
- Learn the five fundamentals of graphic design: line, shape, form, texture, and balance.
- The importance of typography, including placement, styles, and pairing fonts together.
- Color palette selection, including print vs. web, readability, and learning your color codes.
- Picking the right images, including quality and size, and how to crop them properly.
- Tools for graphic design, including the paid Adobe suite and the free(ish) Canva.
Business Bootcamp: Zero Cost Graphic Design: Learning the Basics
Enjoy the video below or watch it on Facebook. We also have a growing catalog of informative webinars covering other topics on our Facebook Page, including discussions about social media like Let’s Talk Social Media Trends and Making Social Media Work for You. If you have any questions or opinions, leave a comment – we’re always excited to hear from our audience!
Graphic Design Slides
Further Articles from Catrina Gardner
Want to see more work done by our Communication Manager Catrina Gardner? Check out the following blogs on social media marketing, management, and more:
- How to Add Captions to Your Instagram Videos
- Taking the Sociopath Out of Social Media for Your Brand
- What is TikTok, and Is It Good for Selling?
- Facebook Business Suite vs. Creator Studio: Which is Right for You?
Graphic design is only a tiny part of a comprehensive business and marketing strategy. At Vision Advertising, we have helped countless businesses with their marketing and business, including graphic design alongside branding research, social media marketing, and advertising. Contact us today, and we’ll help you take your business – and not just your graphics – to the next level.