Social media trends have the benefit of being quickly adopted. With quarantine contributing to consumers’ internet usage, these trends have caught fire even quicker than before. This rapid evolution in the field has presented businesses and social media marketers with brand new challenges when it comes to their online strategy. To help manage this dizzying transformation, in the latest in the Business Bootcamp series, our COO Julia Becker Collins and Communications Manager Catrina Gardner help you understand the influx of new social media trends.
What You’ll Learn About New Social Media Trends
If you watched our previous Business Bootcamp, you know that following a marketing strategy is more about investing in success rather than chasing trends. Yet, with the evolution of social media over the past year, how do you know you’re not missing out on opportunities to further engage with your audience? In this webinar, you’ll find out this answer and more, as our COO Julia Becker Collins and Communications Manager Catrina Gardner team up to talk about:
- Identifying valuable social media platforms for your business based on your audience
- Speaking the language of your consumers to drive engagement
- Differentiating TikTok as an entertainment platform versus a viable marketing strategy
- Recognizing the live audio platform Clubhouse as an opportunity for networking
- Using keywords in Pinterest to increase your post exposure
- Using an Instagram creator profile versus a business profile and the differences in functionality
The pair also touch on several other subjects, such as how to use Facebook ad Instagram Live to create permanent and reusable marketing material and why Instagram’s algorithm is steadily favoring video over still photos.
Business Bootcamp: Let’s Talk Social Media Trends
Enjoy the video below or watch it on Facebook. While we did experience some technical difficulties, both hosts came out grinning and nothing was lost! We also have a growing catalog of informative webinars covering other topics on our Facebook Page, including more social-media-based discussions like Spring into Social Media Strategy and Making Social Media Work for You. If you have any questions or opinions, leave a comment – we’d love to hear from you!
Further Reading on Social Media Strategies and Trends
To find more information about incorporating social media into your marketing and finding the right platforms for your brand, check out our blogs. Here are a few posts you might find helpful:
- 10 Common Mistakes of Social Media Marketing
- Branding Your Company’s Leadership on Social Media
- Facebook Business Suite vs. Creator Studio: Which is Right for You?
- Marketing Your Business on Instagram Reels
- Public Speaking: Reinventing the Best Marketing for 2021
- Using Instagram Hashtags to Increase Brand Exposure
While you shouldn’t always be chasing the next new and shiny thing, being aware of new social media trends allows you the opportunity to engage with your audience in a new environment. While not every platform is a good fit for your company, finding new avenues by which to promote your brand is beneficial if you have the resources. At Vision Advertising, we can help you form your social media strategy via our coaching and consultation, or we can run it for you with our social media management. If you’re having trouble finding out where your business belongs online, contact us today.