Business Bootcamp: Measuring Success with Marketing Strategies
Approaching any task without a strategy can be overwhelming, and the same goes for marketing. With seemingly unlimited marketing channels – from print ads and brochures to social media and blogs – it can be tricky to figure out where to allocate your business’s resources. That’s why it’s so vital to establish your strategy before you launch your marketing efforts. In the latest of the Business Bootcamp series, our COO Julia Becker Collins teaches you what goes into creating a marketing strategy and how you can use it to measure your success.
What You’ll Learn About the Effectiveness of Marketing Strategies
As our COO Julia Becker Collins puts it, following a marketing strategy is about investing in success rather than chasing trends. A strategy keeps you on course and prevents you from becoming distracted by the purported “next hot thing.” In this webinar, Julia unveils the secrets to designing a focused marketing strategy by teaching you about:
- Creating a marketing strategy molded around your ideal client
- Setting objective long- and short-term goals to measure your strategy’s success
- Determining a budget based on your three main resources: money, time, and skill
- Establishing benchmarks and micro-goals to motivate your team
- Executing your strategy while abiding by strict timelines
- Sticking to your guns when it comes to following your marketing strategy
Despite the various moving parts, Julia makes it immediately apparent that creating a marketing strategy does not need to be a big time and money suck. It can be something as simple as a bulleted list and can pivot according to your needs and capabilities.
Business Bootcamp: Why You Need a Marketing Strategy
Enjoy the video below or watch it on Facebook. We also have a growing catalog of informative webinars covering other topics on our Facebook Page, or you can build upon your marketing strategy knowledge by watching our co-hosted Better Business Bureau webinar, Making the Most of Your Marketing Strategy. If you have any questions or opinions, leave a comment – we’re always excited to hear from you!
Further Reading on Creating and Executing Marketing Strategies
To find more information about creating an actionable marketing strategy and budgeting your time and money, check out our blogs. Here are a few posts you might find helpful:
- Active Marketing: Why Set-It-and-Forget-It Marketing Doesn’t Work
- How Important is Paid Social Media in Your Marketing Strategy?
- How Much Does It Cost to Work with a Marketing Agency?
- What Kind of Marketing Can Replace Cold Calling?
- What Kind of Marketing is the Best Use of My Resources?
- Why Stopping Marketing Now Will Hurt You Later
Creating a marketing strategy requires little time, and doing so allows your business to maintain focus and stay goal-oriented. It’s the perfect tool to efficiently allocate your resources and avoid spending unnecessary time chasing trends. While creating a strategy can be easy, executing it and meeting your objectives can be difficult. At Vision Advertising, we’re here to help unburden the load of your marketing so you can focus on meeting your company’s goals. If you need help managing your social media, designing your marketing strategy, or fulfilling any of your other marketing efforts, contact us today.