Giving thanks shouldn’t be reserved for the holiday season. Find reasons to say ‘thank you’ for all of the little things in life, and in business, no matter what time of year it happens to be.
While the timing seems to be right with Thanksgiving just around the corner, our point is that the timing is always right for thanks. Think about it: when was the last time you said ‘thank you’ in a business setting? Saying thank you shows your customers, clients, employees, and coworkers that you care about them and what they bring to your business.
The Simple Things Matter
It’s not hard to say thank you in business. And it makes a big difference when you do (or don’t) make that small effort. When you express appreciation for something nice someone has done for you, they’re more likely to do it again. That’s nice, right?
There are many ways you can express gratitude.
Pick up the phone
- Mail a handwritten card
- Send a short, intentional email
- Swing by your client’s business for in-person thanks
- Reward repeat business with a loyalty program
- Take your team out for fun outings
- Give small gifts to employees for doing a great job
Generally, just be sincere with every message you send out. If you’re passionate about what you do and you truly care about those you work with and for, that will resonate with everyone around you. But don’t ever assume that people know you’re grateful. Be obvious. Say thank you.
Say Thank You When…
- Someone passes along a referral to you
- You get new business
- You get repeat business
- A customer gives you a glowing testimonial
- Someone shares a Facebook post or tweet
- A reader comments on your blog
- An employee or coworker does a great job or helps you finish a project
- Someone on your team makes a client or customer happy
Saying thank you in business is powerful, thoughtful, memorable, inexpensive, and easy. Plus, the opportunities to give thanks in business are endless.
The final conclusion here? Being genuinely thankful is beneficial to you and your small business. Giving thanks is fun and puts a smile on everyone’s face. Give it a try. 🙂
On that note, we are extremely grateful that you take the time to read our blog. We couldn’t do what we do without you, your loyalty and your passion for building a business that thrives. Our goal is to help folks like you rock online, just like you do every day in the offline world. So, keep rocking on.
What are you thankful for?
If you enjoyed this post, get email updates for ease and simplicity.Share: